Haslemere Community Land Trust Limited is a Community Benefit Society registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. Registration No. 7550
Haslemere Community Land Trust Limited, c/o Haslemere Educational Museum, 78 High Street, Haslemere, GU27 2LA
The HCLT Community Benefit Society Rules
Download here: The Society’s Rules
The “Rules” tell you all about – who can be a member, owning shares and share certificates – appointing a Board, who can be a board member. It covers also how the HCLT is run, what meetings are held, who can vote, how the running of the HCLT is democratic – and much more.
Protecting your Data
These notes are on how the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (from 25th May 2018) affect the Haslemere Community Land Trust (HCLT).
Newsletters: whenever we have a public event, like a stall at the Charter Fair, we collect email addresses from members of the public who are interested in the HCLT and have asked to be sent our regular newsletters. We may also collect a person’s address, telephone number and email address.
Surveys, questionnaires and personal contacts: now and then, we conduct surveys among the public in the local area. The purpose of collating and storing this data may include to; – identify volunteers and their skills – identify providers of land – identify tradespeople and professionals who offer to collaborate on projects – estimate housing need in general, and identify individuals’ needs
Running the HCLT: the HCLT needs to keep and use information about its members. We keep records of members’ names, their addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses and their shareholdings. We need this information to; – inform and consult our members – organise formal meetings, verify voting and similar activities.
Although, the HCLT is a small organisation at present, the personal data we keep is modest in scope and our use of it is directly connected with running and developing a Community Land Trust, it nevertheless has to comply with the GDPR. The HCLT does not have an unlimited right to use such data; the people giving us the data have fundamental rights that must be respected. Therefore we give the following undertakings.
- – We will remove and destroy your data from our database if you ask us to by email.
- – We will provide you with a copy of the data we hold about you, if you request it.
- – We will correct your personal data if you tell us it is incorrect.
- – We will collect and store the minimum amount of data about our members, our supporters and collaborators, for the sole purpose of running the HCLT.
- – We will, as far as possible, keep a single database, avoid unnecessary duplication of storage and do the minimum of processing.
- – We will not pass this data to other organisations unless you request us to do so.
- – We will hold your data while you remain interested in the activities of HCLT. You may unsubscribe from newsletters and updates by using the link included in our emails or by completing the form on our site.
Please also note that our website contains links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used a link to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites.
If you have any questions about how we protect your data, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us using the Contact Us page or write to us at:
Haslemere Community Land Trust Limited
c/o Haslemere Educational Museum, 78 High Street, Haslemere, GU27 2LA